Dui Hua press statements focus on the sentencing, clemency, and release of political and religious prisoners; rights-related developments in Chinese law; criminal justice statistics; and organizational updates and achievements. Our press statements attempt to foster dialogue and mutual understanding as a means to improve the treatment of at-risk detainees.
Crucial human rights issues have gained significant media coverage as a result of statements on the early releases of Chen Taihe, Xue Feng, Jude Shao, Rebiya Kadeer, Wang Youcai, and Phuntsog Nyidron and on still-serving June Fourth prisoners, Yahoo!’s role in the cases of Shi Tao and Wang Xiaoning, arrests for endangering state security, and Chinese executions.
Dui Hua has been releasing press statements since it announced the release of Ngawang Choephel in January 2002.
Selected press statements
- Liu Xiaobo Granted Medical Parole, June 26, 2017
- Dui Hua Welcomes Return of Sandy Phan-Gillis to the United States, April 28, 2017
- Activist Zhang Lin Released from Prison After Sentence Commutation, September 12, 2016
- UN Experts Rule Detention of American Citizen Arbitrary, Violates International Law, July 5, 2016
- Last Known Tiananmen Prisoner to be Released in October, May 2, 2016
- Dui Hua and PRI Release Mandarin Course on Bangkok Rules for Women in Prison, March 8, 2016
- Dui Hua Hails Professor Chen Taihe’s Arrival in the United States, March 7, 2016
- China Reduces Sentences of 11 Uyghur Prisoners, including Huseyin Celil, February 2, 2016
- Life Sentence Commuted for Opposition Party Leader Dong Zhanyi, April 13, 2015
- Dui Hua Welcomes Release of American Geologist Xue Feng, April 3, 2015
- Dui Hua, China’s Supreme Court Hold 4th Juvenile Justice Exchange, October 24, 2014
- China Executed 2,400 People in 2013, Dui Hua, October 20, 2014
- China’s Supreme Court Overturns Death Sentence of Domestic Violence Survivor, June 23, 2014
Click here for a full listing of Dui Hua press statements dating back to 2002.