Operations & Data Assistant
The Operations & Data Assistant will maintain the foundation’s CRM database (hosted on eTapestry) and assist in donation management. They will also provide support for Dui Hua’s operations including programs and campaigns. As a key member of the foundation’s small entrepreneurial team, the ideal candidate will be organized, detailed oriented, adept at crunching numbers, and possess good communications and interpersonal skills. With a strong service mentality, this person will have a keen interest in current China affairs as well as nonprofit finance and development.
This is a full-time position based in our San Francisco office. We offer flexible working hours and would consider a highly experienced candidate seeking a regular part-time position.
Primary responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Maintain Dui Hua’s CRM database hosted on eTapestry, including data entry and regular data clean up;
- Record incoming gifts/donations, processing receipts and support all aspects of gift management;
- Maintain and update digital records for donors;
- Support other eTapestry functions to assist in development and programs, including publication distribution, outreach engagement, and program metrics tracking;
- Conduct data and financial analysis using Excel;
- Assist in the preparation of budgets and financial reports;
- Assist accounting functions including accounts payable, accounts receivables, and bank reconciliation;
- Track and maintain office supply needs, ordering, stocking and managing supplies as necessary;
- Update and maintain critical foundation records such as emergency contact lists, procedures, and compliance documents;
- Maintain operational and financial records in compliance with foundation policies;
- Manage the upkeep of office equipment and ensure office spaces are well-maintained, coordinating with building management as necessary.
Skills and Abilities:
- Highly organized, attentive to details and deadlines
- Logical thinking, adept at crunching numbers
- Ability to grasp new concepts quickly and follow through on projects as assigned
- Excellent computer skills, proficient in Microsoft Office, especially Excel
- Experience working with a donor database or constituent relationship management (CRM) system
- Good communications and interpersonal skills
- Keen interest in nonprofit development, finance and database management
- Knowledge of QuickBooks or a similar accounting software a plus
- Proficiency in Chinese, knowledge of current China affairs a plus
How to Apply:
Please submit your cover letter with resume to jobs[at]duihua.org; the subject line should be “Operation & Data Assistant.” Your cover letter should address why you are a good match for this position, your availability and expected salary. No phone calls, please.
The Dui Hua Foundation is an equal opportunity employer committed to creating a work environment where each individual is valued and respected as a member of our small team. We welcome applicants who identify in a multitude of ways across lines of race, ethnicity, age, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, geography and socio-economic status.