In the Media
Dui Hua’s research and advocacy work has been covered in print by news agencies such as the Associated Press, Reuters, Agence France-Presse, and the BBC and in local and international media including The New York Times, the Washington Post, the Los Angeles Times, USA Today, Time, Newsweek, the Wall Street Journal, and the Guardian.
In March 2002, Dui Hua’s work was featured on the cover of The New York Times Magazine in an article written by Pulitzer Prize- and National Book Award-winning writer Tina Rosenberg. The article, “John Kamm’s Third Way,” widely increased Dui Hua’s reach.
For media coverage in audio and video formats, please visit our multimedia page.
Recent selected coverage
- Why is China’s female prison population growing?, BBC China Blog, June 25, 2015
- Global campaign preceded surprise move to free Chinese activists, Reuters, May 8, 2015
- Spare the bullet: Officials try to curb the use of organs from executed prisoners, The Economist, March 14, 2015
- Criminal Trials Rose Sharply in China’s Far West in 2014, Group Says, New York Times, March 11, 2015
- China puts 82-year-old writer on trial amid political crackdown, The Telegraph, February 24, 2015
- How the West Was Lost, Foreign Policy, February 23, 2014
- China’s chance to end injustice of the death penalty, South China Morning Post, February 17, 2015
- Stadig flere kinesere fengslet for sine meninger, Aftenposten, January 14, 2015
- Political Crimes Making a Comeback Under Xi Jinping, Group Says, The Wall Street Journal, January 8, 2015
- China steps up political arrests and prosecutions, US-based rights group reports, South China Morning Post, January 8, 2015