In the Media
Dui Hua’s research and advocacy work has been covered in print by news agencies such as the Associated Press, Reuters, Agence France-Presse, and the BBC and in local and international media including The New York Times, the Washington Post, the Los Angeles Times, USA Today, Time, Newsweek, the Wall Street Journal, and the Guardian.
In March 2002, Dui Hua’s work was featured on the cover of The New York Times Magazine in an article written by Pulitzer Prize- and National Book Award-winning writer Tina Rosenberg. The article, “John Kamm’s Third Way,” widely increased Dui Hua’s reach.
For media coverage in audio and video formats, please visit our multimedia page.
Recent selected coverage
- 司法新制度 中國少年犯境遇大幅改善 (Mandarin Chinese), KTSF26, January 3, 2013
- Trying Juveniles, The International Herald Tribune, November 30, 2012
- Women in Prison Fare Better in China, The New York Times, September 11, 2012
- Gu Kailai Gets Suspended Death Sentence, The Daily Beast, August 20, 2012
- Few believed still jailed 23 years after Tiananmen, The Guardian, May 31, 2012
- Watching Dissidents Is a Booming Business in China, Star Tribune, May 28, 2012
- For China, a Dissident in Exile Is One Less Headache Back Home, The New York Times, May 4, 2012
- On U.S.-China Agenda, Rights Issue Never Far from Top, The Washington Post, May 2, 2012
- China’s Shawshank Redemption, Sydney Morning Herald, April 29, 2012
- Death Sentence for Businesswoman Arouses Opposition in China, Los Angeles Times, February 17, 2012
- Who goes to the gallows?, The Economist, January 28, 2012