In the Media
Dui Hua’s research and advocacy work has been covered in print by news agencies such as the Associated Press, Reuters, Agence France-Presse, and the BBC and in local and international media including The New York Times, the Washington Post, the Los Angeles Times, USA Today, Time, Newsweek, the Wall Street Journal, and the Guardian.
In March 2002, Dui Hua’s work was featured on the cover of The New York Times Magazine in an article written by Pulitzer Prize- and National Book Award-winning writer Tina Rosenberg. The article, “John Kamm’s Third Way,” widely increased Dui Hua’s reach.
For media coverage in audio and video formats, please visit our multimedia page.
Recent selected coverage
- China rejects death for killer of abusive husband, AP, June 24, 2014
- China Balks at Foreign Calls to Release Prisoners, The Wall Street Journal, May 30, 2014
- Tiananmen Square massacre anniversary: the last prisoner of the protests, The Telegraph, May 26, 2014
- Door on freedom of prisoners ‘may be closing’, South China Morning Post, March 30, 2014
- Group: China Might Play Down Political Crime Cases, AP, March 12, 2014
- Strike Less Hard, The Economist, August 3, 2013
- China Allows Return of U.S. Executive Before Xi’s Visit, The New York Times, June 5, 2013
- One of China’s Few Remaining Tiananmen Protester Inmates Is Released from Jail, Quartz, May 31, 2013
- Will Re-Education Through Labor End Soon?, Wall Street Journal, China Real Time Report (blog), February 4, 2013
- 司法新制度 中國少年犯境遇大幅改善 (Mandarin Chinese), KTSF26, January 3, 2013