In the Media
Dui Hua’s research and advocacy work has been covered in print by news agencies such as the Associated Press, Reuters, Agence France-Presse, and the BBC and in local and international media including The New York Times, the Washington Post, the Los Angeles Times, USA Today, Time, Newsweek, the Wall Street Journal, and the Guardian.
In March 2002, Dui Hua’s work was featured on the cover of The New York Times Magazine in an article written by Pulitzer Prize- and National Book Award-winning writer Tina Rosenberg. The article, “John Kamm’s Third Way,” widely increased Dui Hua’s reach.
For media coverage in audio and video formats, please visit our multimedia page.
Recent selected coverage
- 中國擬取消9個適用死刑罪名, New York Times Chinese, October 28, 2014
- China mulls eliminating death penalty for illegal fundraising, pimping, Los Angeles Times, October 28, 2014
- China’s Ruling Communist Party Considers Abolishing Death Penalty for Nine Crimes, International Business Times, October 27, 2014
- Estimated 2,400 Executions Last Year Put China Far Off Peak, New York Times, October 22, 2014
- 2400 exécutions capitales en Chine en 2013, selon une ONG, Le Monde, October 21, 2014
- China executed ’2,400′ people in 2013, Telegraph, October 21, 2014
- 外交部副部长李保东会见美国对话基金会主席康原, MFA China, August 14, 2014
- Business and Human Rights Do Mix, California State Bar Association International Law Section Newsletter 30, 2014
- Concerns grow over Chinese rights lawyer’s release, AP, August 6, 2014
- China Rethinks the Death Penalty, New York Times, July 8, 2014
- China rejects death for killer of abusive husband, AP, June 24, 2014
- China Balks at Foreign Calls to Release Prisoners, The Wall Street Journal, May 30, 2014
- Tiananmen Square massacre anniversary: the last prisoner of the protests, The Telegraph, May 26, 2014
- Door on freedom of prisoners ‘may be closing’, South China Morning Post, March 30, 2014
- Group: China Might Play Down Political Crime Cases, AP, March 12, 2014